A broadcast playout automation system is a client-server software platform designed for television broadcasters to provide efficient, high-quality, end-to-end playout solutions that are easy to use, scalable, flexible and, most importantly, highly reliable. Universal broadcast SD/HD/4K content playout and streaming for 24/7 unattended operation.
SHORT LIST OF FEATURES:
- SD/HD live sources and SD/HD video content in a range of codec formats can all be mixed for playout in the same playlist.
- Operators can change the live playlist, even the event currently on-air.
- Graphics functionality provides high-quality graphics for channel branding with logos, lower thirds, tickers, scrolls, and squeeze.
- Playout_Boma generates an As-Run log created from the actual content that was played. The logger can be used to perform As-Run log analysis.
- Playout_Boma integrates with many third-party NAS storage devices that provide standard SMB/CIFS access and there is no limit to the volume capacity.
- Other storage technologies can be used so long as is possible to mount the storage so it appears as a local drive (e.g. Isilon).
- responsive manual and automatic control for live event switching
- mix different codecs, resolutions and aspect ratios in one playlist
- Live switch to incoming SDI or RTP feeds (beta)
- Real-time automatic up/down conversion
- Static or animated logo insertion
- Channel branding (butterfly, Today at prime time/Live…)
- Play during ingest
- Channel output recording
- Playlist editing over local network or internet (VPN)
- Output in SD, HD and Ultra HD (4K)
- Output to SDI or HDMI in SD and HD simultaneously
- Streaming to RTP in H.264 or MPEG-2
Boma_Playout is a client-server application so with PlaylistEditor you can create and manage playlists over LAN (and VPN) that the Server will play at specified times.
MACC – Media Asset Checker and Convertor
Media File Checker can perform file analysis as part of its processing with definable pass/fail criteria and different destination folders for each. The primary purpose of this process is to test whether the file will playable by Playout_Boma to further ensure reliability. This is done by using the same file reading process as Playout_Boma to test whether every frame of video and audio within the file can be accessed.
Centralized Remote Monitoring for up to 8 playout channels. Warnings and error alarms.
Auto logo setting: